viernes, 13 de diciembre de 2013

English Language Challenges

I think English class in university is a necessary course. In others courses is indispensable practice reading because the most of the papers and books in the discipline are in English. So I read in English frequently from first year, but, one problem about this is related to vocabulary. The greater among of words in scientific vocabulary are cognates to Spanish language; consequently you don’t increase your vocabulary. It’s very easy read text about anthropology, but is very difficult to me read a novel or other type of literature.  Also, I really need practice speaking and vocabulary. To make this I practice not frequently with others persons. I think the major manner to learn English, beside to practice in a specific course, is travel to country with English speaking. This form you’re forced to learn, “learn or die”. I explain this, if you need buy something or go to any place and you don’t know who and don’t understand the language, you are really lost in the situation. You’re forced by the context to learn the language. I hope travel to put into practice this hypothesis.

Personally, I like this class because is an opportunity to practice vocabulary and speaking, who is the most difficult to practice in others situations. I really need practice speaking and vocabulary, but the only context to make this is in class.  


Related to use of blog, I think this is a great option to practice common vocabulary, and learn to write correctly. I’m don´t believe I’m good in this, but… does it matter! To practice! 


3 comentarios:

  1. I also think that the best way of improve your english is traveling to a country which speak this language. I hope doing it one day too.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I disagree with you, or at least in part, I believe that English exists today should not be incerto in the race, for being little, not much can be learned.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. you have the reason when you say that the good idea to learn the english is travel to country with english speaking, also, is a funny alternative in front to traditional english class.

    ResponderEliminar